As I scroll through social media I see a lot of tattoo artists posting things about "give me your stimulus check and I'll give you a new tattoo."
We disagree. I know that we've all taken a hit from this temporary shutdown in one way or another in Las Vegas and beyond. Our thoughts and prayers go out to those directly affected by COVID-19 and especially to anyone who's lost a loved one.
As much as we'd love to get back to business as usual as soon as possible, we understand that some of our clients have more pressing issues, such as paying bills and providing for their families. We encourage all of you to be resilient through these tough times. We would love to see everyone come out of this pandemic stronger and more united than ever!
In these tough times, all of us at Inner Visions see no need to be greedy or selfish. We are in this for the long haul. Our clients have trusted us since 2017 to put their needs ahead of our own, and it's this attitude of service that has allowed us to build great relationships with many of you reading this right now.
I've put together a few things inspired by Dave Ramsey, one of the most famous modern financial gurus.
1. To Renters: If the government says you don't have to pay your rent and there is a ban on evictions, pay your rent anyways. The day will come when those bans are lifted and you'll be stuck with the bill. There will still be repercussions. There is no free ride!
2. To Homeowners: If the government tells the bank to stop your mortgage payments, do whatever you can to pay your mortgage. Some lenders are saying you don't have to pay for 3 months, but on the 4th month all the payments will be due. Don't take the chance of not paying your mortgage.
3. If the utility company suspends your payments, pay whatever amount you can afford. Utility companies are just like banks and when things clear up, they are going to want their money.
4. If the government sends you a stimulus check, pay your bills. That means pay your rent, mortgage, utilities, car payment, etc. This money is not meant for frivolous spending.
5. The problem is that some who get these checks won't pay their bills and be surprised when they get evicted, or their power shut off or their car repossessed. To all of our valued clients, please pay your bills first and take care of your responsibilities.
Some of you haven't been financially affected by the current shutdown. We know many of our clients are essential workers and have been working through these crazy times. And when things open back up we would love to help you out with your next tattoo.
We are eager to get back to work, and we see the light at the end of the tunnel. As always, we offer free consultations and would love to help you out with your next tattoo. Check out our portfolios and contact us and we can set up your free consultation via email. Thanks, we look forward to seeing all of you soon!